I have been passionate about birth ever since I had my oldest, at that moment I didn't even know of the existance of Doulas and what they do. Since my work schedule and life circumstances don't allow me to be a doula at the moment, Birth Photography is the closest thing to it, and I am very passionate about it.
What is a Doula, you may ask? Lindsay from Birthing Matters Doula Services explains what her services as a Doula include:
- Birth education and preparation.
- Childbirth Educator.
- Birth planning (including creating a written birth preferences document).
- De-briefing previous births.
- Massage and other comfort measures.
- Acupressure for labor, birth, and postpartum.
- Optimal fetal positioning recommendations based on Spinning Babies, Miles Circuit, and other resources.
- Making suggestions to help ease discomfort and facilitate a smoother, more effective labor.
- Physical support in various positions in labor.
- Reassurance and encouragement for birthing person and partner.
- Talking through emotional blockages which may come up during pregnancy and in labor.
- Creating and protecting your birth space– aromatherapy, music, candles, lighting.
- Assisting you with the negotiation of your preferences.
- So much more!
I am happy (and EXTREMELY excited) to announce that Lindsay and I have partnered to offer our clients a package that includes both her services as well as mine.
Our package includes:
Birth Doula: 2 Pre-Natal Visits from Lindsay, Birth Coverage (with all those amazing services mentioned above) and 1 Post-Natal visit
Birth Photography Package: Birth Coverage, 8x8 Heirloom Album with favorite 30-50 images and a minimum of 75 digital images that tell your birth story.
Additional services from both of us are available upon request!
Excited for this new journey!