The cost of birth photography and a comparison with wedding photography
Viewing entries tagged
I think my heart is definitely in Maternity Sessions (although man I do love Birth Photography). I love capturing momma's when they feel the most vulnerable, when they feel they lost their glow, when they feel they will never get their body back, this is the best time to capture! And "they" I mean "we".
I know during my last pregnancy I felt like a truck had run over me and then backed up and ran over me again. Phew, was it difficult. I was in pain most of the time, I was stressed as I didn't have a job, my asthma had gone crazy and it was just TOO MUCH! My maternity session definitely helped me feel real again, and this is something I ALWAYS want my mommas to feel!
I teamed up with a fellow photographer (who has also becomed a REALLY GOOD FRIEND) to do a Maternity Session for two momma's. Ivy from Ivy Bee Photography and I posted in different groups asking for moms to join us in this SPECIAL session. We made it special because we wanted it to be a implied nude/boudoir session. By this we meant that our moms were covered 100% of the time but we could see their radiance through different types of clothing/accesories.
Whoa, did these moms rock their sessions and we enjoyed every little time we spent with them and their families.
Big thanks to Ivy for scouting the best location for this shoot. Can't say enough of how BEAUTIFUL is Crane Beach in Ipswich.
Check these mommas out!
LIfestyle Newborn session in the comfort of their own home with a 2 week old newborn baby and his oldest 2 year old sister.
I have been passionate about birth ever since I had my oldest, at that moment I didn't even know of the existance of Doulas and what they do. Since my work schedule and life circumstances don't allow me to be a doula at the moment, Birth Photography is the closest thing to it, and I am very passionate about it.
What is a Doula, you may ask? Lindsay from Birthing Matters Doula Services explains what her services as a Doula include:
- Birth education and preparation.
- Childbirth Educator.
- Birth planning (including creating a written birth preferences document).
- De-briefing previous births.
- Massage and other comfort measures.
- Acupressure for labor, birth, and postpartum.
- Optimal fetal positioning recommendations based on Spinning Babies, Miles Circuit, and other resources.
- Making suggestions to help ease discomfort and facilitate a smoother, more effective labor.
- Physical support in various positions in labor.
- Reassurance and encouragement for birthing person and partner.
- Talking through emotional blockages which may come up during pregnancy and in labor.
- Creating and protecting your birth space– aromatherapy, music, candles, lighting.
- Assisting you with the negotiation of your preferences.
- So much more!
I am happy (and EXTREMELY excited) to announce that Lindsay and I have partnered to offer our clients a package that includes both her services as well as mine.
Our package includes:
Birth Doula: 2 Pre-Natal Visits from Lindsay, Birth Coverage (with all those amazing services mentioned above) and 1 Post-Natal visit
Birth Photography Package: Birth Coverage, 8x8 Heirloom Album with favorite 30-50 images and a minimum of 75 digital images that tell your birth story.
Additional services from both of us are available upon request!
Excited for this new journey!